Thursday, July 24, 2008

Daddy got a drum set



So some of you know that Steve was...is a drummer. When we got engaged he was forced to sell his drum set to help pay for my ring. Well that and we had no place to keep a drum set in our tiny little apartment. Anyway, I have always felt a little guilty about the fact that he has not played since. After years of him "drumming" on the steering wheel, on the counters, on the kids, on just about anything that he could find to keep a beat to, I decided to start searching for a drum set that was similar to his old one. I found one on KSL that was really nice. We went to look at it and to make a long story short...we bought it. He comes home every night from work and plays for at least an hour. He doesn't even stop to eat dinner first. I think he missed playing more than he thought. The boys are already talking about having their Dad teach them. I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sweeeet! That is awesome! I can't wait to hear him play when we come out next month!

Holly H. said...

That is so cool! Did you know that my dad plays the drums? And now, Wyatt is wanting to as well. My dad even offered to set up his drum set at our house for him... Not sure if that's a great idea though.

Misty said...

Just like Holly said, our dad plays, but he lost his hearing from days of loud bands and bangin' the drums. So, if your kids take it up - invest in lots of ear plugs!