Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!




As of yesterday August 2nd at approximately 7:30am I am officially 34 years old. So what is that saying? One year older and wiser too. Well, I don't know about being any wiser but I'm definately one year older and still going strong. For the last several weeks Steve has been asking me what I wanted for my birthday. I told him all I wanted was a day out without the kids and no time limit on when we had to be back. My mother was kind enough to come up and watch the kids all day so Steve could take me out. We had a wonderful day at the Bountiful Temple and then he took me to The Roof restaurant on top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building for dinner. It was the perfect birthday.
So now you might ask what have I learned in my 34 years of life?
  • Chocolate always makes you feel better.
  • Never take yourself to seriously
  • Laugh a lot....sometimes it's the only thing you can do to keep from crying instead.
  • Life goes by too fast so make sure you take the time to enjoy it.
  • The only way to have a friend is to be one.
  • My testimony is the most precious gift I have ever received and the most precious gift I can give.

2 comments:

Holly H. said...

Happy Birthday Jill! I actually thought of you yesterday because you have the same birthday as my grandpa. That's how I alway s remember it! Sounds like you had a good one! :)

Misty said...

Jill, it's Misty, remember me...Holly's sis? Anywho, your blog is so cute and you have such a cute family. I was thinking about you and Jenny the other day, when thinking of Guys & Dolls fond memories. Oh, those pink & white ruffled dresses and when I moved up to the big-town, white & pink A-line shirts & skirts. So funny - great memories!!!