Saturday, November 15, 2008

My baby is one!

I can't believe that my baby boy is one year old today. We had a small family party and watched Jake as he smothered himself in birthday cake and played with the boxes and paper that his birthday presents came in. He is such a happy baby and so good natured. He is the only one of my children that ended up with curly hair. After he gets out of the tub he ends up with little ringlets at the base of his neck. I just can't bring myself to cut all those curls off. They are so cute! Steve keeps threatening to cut it himself because he says he doesn't want him to have a mullet. He started walking about 3 weeks ago and I was almost sad for him to reach that milestone. I am trying to relish every moment because they come and go so quickly. Happy Birthday Jake!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Jake!
This is one of the things I miss most about living in Utah.
I wish I could have been there to give you a birthday hug myself!

I love the video! I'm totally craving chocolate cake now. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep the ringlets cuz mullets are cool!! Wait, it's not 1988 anymore... dang, better go cut mine too.